Thursday, January 13, 2011

不動 (Acala) (poem circa 1995)

     At the terminus of Samsara I sit
     On a large rock where nothing blooms
     Where flames shoot skyward behind me
     Naumaku sanmanda

     The fire has scorched my skin blue-black
     Yet my concentration is clearer than ever
     To liberate all, my only desire
     Naumaku sanmanda

     Deep, deep in concentration
     My eyes have become uneven
     My fangs have grown long
     Naumaku sanmanda

     My right hand wields the Vajra sword
     I slice every illusion
     None will get past, this my task
     Naumaku sanmanda

     There is nothing past this dead rock
     If any insist on going past
     Be assured, my rope will tie them down
     Naumaku sanmanda

     On my lips, the unceasing spell
     Oh the great Bodhi, Nirvana awaits
     I shall be the last to enter
     Naumaku sanmanda

     Ah Vairochana, this is my practice
     None will fall into these eternal flames
     None will get past this point of no return
     Naumaku sanmanda

     Naumaku sanmanda
     Bazara dan sendan
     Makaroshiyada
     Sowataya
     Hum
     Trata Kam Man

     Naumaku sanmanda
     Bazara dan sendan
     Makaroshiyada
     Sowataya
     Hum
     Trata Kam Man

     Naumaku sanmanda
     Bazara dan sendan
     Makaroshiyada
     Sowataya
     Hum
     Trata Kam Man...