Thursday, July 12, 2012

Since you've been gone...

I catch a glimpse of you, from the corner of my eye.
A Shadow upon shadows, coldness in the air.

Luminous flashes behind my closed eyes,
Like the brief flare of lightning across a Summer sky.

Curled up in a ball, in the middle of my bed.
I imagine I can feel your hand upon my head.

"Get up" whispers in my ear.
"Cry not for me, for this was not the end."

"Only a rebirth, and no birth comes without pain."
"My spirit lives on, I will never die, so wipe those
tears from the corner of your eye."

So here I sit, left far behind,
Knowing one day the turn will be mine.

One day I will know what lies beyond.
My mind will expand with the knowledge of the Universe.

Until then, I will try not to weep.
Guarding the place in my heart
That you will always keep.

I hope that when you are not gliding around in the shadows of the cosmos,
that the sun is shining and the fish are biting.

"Second star to the left, and straight on till morning..."