Saturday, August 11, 2012

My name is Perth, and this is my perspective

Hello! My name is Perthro Pathfinder, "Perth" for short. I would like to thank Bella for inviting me to write for Planet Buddha, I am honored that she felt that my contributions would make me a welcome addition to the "team".

I am an individual, as are each of you, and my perceptions on life, the universe, and what is in it, are unique. What I write here is the opinion of one, me, and no one else. Therefore, I feel that every person's "take" on what is real, and what is the meaning of life, is valid. I thank you for giving me the opportunity to share with you my perspective, the way only I can see things, and I welcome you to present to me your thoughts and feelings on what everything is all about.

Allow me first to tell you a little bit about myself. I am 41 years old, well, in THIS lifetime anyways. I have been told that I have had more than 13 lifetimes, so I assume I am a great deal "older" than that, but, in human terms, I have lived long enough in this lifetime to have accumulated a large amount of data about this planet, and specifically, on how machines work. I have worked in a virtual cornucopia of  jobs, starting out after high school serving in the U.S. Navy, working on everything from diesel generators to A/C and refrigeration equipment, hydraulics, electric motors, air compressors, wiring, plumbing, and water purification systems. After that, I worked in fast food, at McDonald's and Pizza Hut, and then I went to school to learn how to work on cars. I did that for 10 years, learning everything I could about them, learning how to figure out what was wrong with them, from stem to stern, everything except body work. After that, I decided I would like to learn about computers, and I obtained an Associate's degree in Network Administration, which, along with some self education (in other words, working on computers on my own), taught me how simple computer technology really is. In short, I believe very strongly that there is no piece of equipment that I cannot work on to where I can not at least figure out how it works, and therefore diagnose what might be causing that piece of equipment to malfunction. I am a diagnostician, be it a microwave, television, washer, dryer, or 10 ton dump truck, there is nothing I am afraid to put my hands on and figure out what's wrong with it.

That's my background. You might say I'm a "technopath", to borrow a phrase from the movie "Sky High" (good movie, if you haven't seen it, google it, you won't regret it). I "see" the inner workings of machines, no matter how complex, and figure out very quickly how they work together, and then figure out where something has gone wrong. But why do I mention all of this?

I'm trying to illustrate my mindset, what makes me "tick". I always view things with a "supposition" sort of view, I see something, and immediately my mind starts to try to correlate it with something I have already seen. You'd be amazed at how many things in life have correlations with seemingly unrelated phenomena. Take the medical field for example. I am not a doctor, I have no training in the medical field whatsoever, but if a doctor starts talking to me about the heart, and blood vessels, I see the correlation between that and the oiling system on a car, the heart, a pump, just like an oil pump, pumping fluid through "vessels", just as the oil pump pumps fluid through oil passages to keep the engine "alive". That's how my mind works. I see things I am presented with in a way that my mind can understand them, based on the information I have at hand, whether it is directly related to the question at hand or not.

It's a double edged sword, having that kind of mindset. I end up "assuming", I feel that I already know gobs about a new technology that comes out, when in fact it is quite different than what came before. I also end up seeing the spiritual world in the same way. I assume that the beings that exist at higher frequencies than us have the same kind of lives that we do, the same kind of emotions, and the same kind of existence. That's not a good way to think though, because each individual creature has a completely different perspective than I can see, and to try to correlate it to what I already "know", well, it just doesn't measure up.

However, when it comes to my theories on the possibilities of existence, and what can qualify as "life", it's a slightly different ball game. I believe that there are many many different definitions as to what can be called "consciousness", and that there are so many possibilities for life to exist in so many forms, that I cannot even imagine how long the list of lifeforms that exist in this universe would be. We as humans tend to view the universe using only our paltry perceptive ability, and we see what we see, and figure that that's all that exists. The fact is, in my opinion, there is a whole lot more going on, right under our noses, but since we can't perceive it, we don't believe it exists. No one, and I mean no one, not human, spirit, alien, or otherwise, knows about all that is possible, that's my take on it. Just look at how many ideas and concepts we humans alone have come up with, how many types of life that we can imagine. Read about it, check it out, and don't dismiss it as just some "nut job" hopped up on drugs or something. What if it really is true?

Let me put it another way. There are tens of thousands of lifeforms on this planet alone, that we've discovered, some of which defy explanation as to how they can exist in the environments they live in. So how can we assume that there isn't a multitude of life, on other planets, or even on other "wavelengths" or "frequencies" that we DON'T know about, because we don't yet have the ability to perceive them? I myself feel that it's best to keep an open mind, and to not discount any theory or idea that comes along, because what if we eventually find out that they DO exist, just as they were presented, no matter how "crazy" it looks?

I am a unique individual, what I see, I see alone. No one else sees things just as I do, and no one sees things just as you do either. The key, I believe, to learning all that we can, is to never judge, never say "Oh, that's nuts, there's no way that's possible", because I believe it limits us, puts our minds in a "box", and doesn't allow us to see that in reality, there are no limits to the possibilities of existence. You see "aliens"? Fine, I'd like to meet them sometime. You think you are a spirit of a wolf, in human form? Wonderful, I would like to learn all I can from you about what it is like to be a wolf.

Give everything a chance, expand your perspective, one way or the other, you will indeed learn something, and that, I believe, is the meaning of life.